Welcome to Women’s Aid – East and Midlothian

A confidential service that provides valuable information, support and temporary accommodation to women and their children who have experienced domestic abuse.

This site is divided into four clear sections to help you find the correct information for you whether you are:

  • a woman needing help, support or information about domestic abuse;
  • a child or young person seeking help or advice;
  • an organisation or professional looking for information on the services we provide for our clients
  • looking for general information about the work we do. Please select from the sections on the right.



We're always looking for new and innovative ways to raise money. If you think you can help us out, download our fundraising pack and see what you can do to support us. Every little bit of help is greatly appreciated.

Please note: Women or children and young people may find our ‘Quick Escape’ and ‘How do I clear my tracks?’ features at the top of the page useful.

Extraordinary General Meeting

Women's Aid East and Midlothian are holding an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). The event takes place on Wednesday 2nd April from 5.30-6.00pm at our Dalkeith Office.

Download the poster...

Walk with Scott

walk with Scott

Help us raise money by joining us on the Walk with Scott on May 3rd and 4th. The full walk is 57 miles, but you can choose to do just one section. 90% of money raised will go to WAEML, with the remaining 10% going to the Walk with Scott selected charities.

To find out more, download the poster or call Nancy on 0131 561 5804, or email nancy@womensaideml.org.

1 Billion Rising

On 14th February 2014, Women’s Aid EML joined with other groups in rising up and dancing for justice at One Billion Rising in Haddington & Dalkeith.

Take a look at what we got up to...

Download our newsletter...

To download a pdf of the WAEML newsletter, visit our newsletter archive...

Midlothian Women's Aid Annual Report 2012/13

The Women's Aid East and Midlothian Annual Report for 2012/13 is now available for download, to find out about the fantastic work by our team, download the annual report here.

Care Inspectorate Reports

Women's Aid East and Midlothian recently received glowing reports from the Care Inspectorate. To find out more, download and read the following pdf documents:

Contact us to find out further information if required.

Contact Us

Dalkeith: 29a Eskbank Road, Tel: 0131 663 9827
Penicuik: 10 Carnethy Avenue, Tel: 01968 670970

Scottish Charity Number: SC028191 Company Number: SC342186 Funded by: The Scottish Government, East and Midlothian Council